OFF: CMJ/Tour dates (long)

Stephen Swann swann at PLUTONIA.COM
Sat Sep 11 23:06:47 EDT 1999

On Sat, Sep 11, 1999 at 01:26:31AM -0400, DASLUD at AOL.COM wrote:
 [...]
> hear the floyd boys as much of a factor in brock's playing. i hear a stoned
> guy in front of a big amp going "chug-chug", as lemmy put it. and, as
> epitomized on "space ritual", that
> pentatonic-lead-through-the-wah-pedal-in-every-song routine portrayed him as
> singularly constricted as alvin lee, or even john lee hooker.
> dont get me wrong, i love that sound, always have, am displeased whenever
> he's cut back on guitar.

Ain't it amazing?  I'm exactly the same way.  Intellectually, I know
thet he's no leading light among guitar players.  And yet I love that
sound, and am always disappointed when he's going through one of
those phases when he cuts it back in favor of playing more synths.

What *is* it about that Brock guitar sound...?  Few things in all of
rock music make me so happy.  :-)

Steve
swann at plutonia.com