OFF: Orion Space Rock Fest

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Wed Sep 15 13:27:23 EDT 1999

Hi Folks,

By OFF, I mean OFF.  It's been cancelled...here's the message from Adam Levin:

Due to the fact that a week and a half following the mailing of postcards
about the festival one of the main acts ceased to exist, another had to
cancel due to a members' health problems and a 3rd due to logistical
problems, we felt that it would not make sense to continue with a
significantly different lineup than advertised, so unfortunately we are
cancelling this year's show.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The amazing thing is that I believe that the act that has ceased to exist is
none other than Alien Planetscapes.  I've heard through the grapevine that
Doug has his efforts focussed on another project called 'Sunrise Symphony'
instead.  Amazing news, and rather unfortunate, though I imagine SS will be
a winner as well.  I can only hope that Victims of the Blacklist is still
released some time in the near future.  Until then, we'll just hafta enjoy
'Prince Chubbs' from the Mother West space-rock comp. 'Turn Century Turn'
(see www.motherwest.com).

The 'health' problem I guess was Greg Koslowski (ArcMet) who hurt his leg or
something.  As far as ArcMet goes, I've heard they've expanded to four
members, bringing on a new drummer which will put Deb out front singing.
Good move I say.

Dunno who had the logistical problem, but I guess that's of no concern now.
It's sad to see that this fest won't happen this year, but then look at how
many things haven't happened that were supposed to, eh?  Kinda
depressing....makes me wonder why more folks don't come to Strange Daze.  Of
course, each year there always seem to be a few folks/bands missing there
also, but at least the event as a whole is always outstanding.  It's been
the one constant these last few years.

Well, that's all I have to report.  Anyone seen the Salamander/P.U. tour yet?

Keith H. (FAA)