HW: Hawkwind on TV

Wed Sep 15 16:24:30 EDT 1999

Aargh!  I actually watched it for a few minutes but switched off during
Twiggy!  However, there's another TOTP2 on Saturday at 4.25pm, which might
be a repeat (unless tonight's was a repeat of last Saturday's...)

I'm reminded of Steve Swindell's comment in Time Out a while back, something
like "the only trips they took were to the supermarket..." :)

--Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU]On Behalf
Of Marie Jenkinson
Sent: 15 September 1999 20:59
To: Multiple recipients of list BOC-L
Subject: HW: Hawkwind on TV

Hawkwind are getting everywhere in the media it seems.  Imagine my surprise
whilst waiting for the Wednesday night Star Trek - watching Top of the Pops
2 - to see Hawkwind's Silver Machine being played - this was a pleasant
shock - seeing as I thought that the footage no longer existed.  I
particularly liked Steve Wright's comment at the end.
"You know straight after this gig they all went home, had a mug of cocoa and
went straight to bed".
Let's hope they repeat it.

Cheers

Marie