OFF: Orion Space Rock Fest/A. Planetscapes

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Mon Sep 20 09:53:20 EDT 1999

Chris says...

>What a hoot! It is truly amazing how rumors and misinformation get generated
>on the net! A. P. has not, is not, and will not disband. These guys practice
>at least twice a week! And there have been more members of AP than of
>Hawkwind! I have just spoken with Fran Walker, and aside from Matt leaving to
>their design... The grapevine has been hitting a little of the grape, it
>seems!

Yeah, well, I was sort of 'eavesdropping' on a conversation including Adam
himself, and I would have thought *he* would've known what he was talking
about.  When he mentioned further about one of the bands ceasing to exist, I
figured he was confirming what I'd seen earlier.  I think the SS comment
came from the other person in this non-factual discussion.  I can't explain
why so much mis-information was passed among those directly involved with
Orion itself.  Whatever, it seemed hard to believe since I had talked to
Doug at SD'99 and this news seemed out of the realm of possibility, but I
waited four or five days upon first notice to post anything, and I saw
nothing to counter what I'd heard.  Suppose I should've asked Doug directly.
Oh, well, no permanent harm done I hope.  :)

I do see, though, that since Matt can't continue with the group, there will
hafta be some sort of hiatus in order to come up with a new drummer.  And
that would have kept them from performing at Orion, so some truth to the
matter *did* exist. But the best thing is that AP should be ready 'n'
willing to take the stage again for SD2K at least.  Wouldn't be the same
without 'em.

Keith H. (FAA)