HW: Year 2000 Codename Hawkwind

Jill jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Wed Sep 22 15:09:23 EDT 1999

Denis Regenbrecht wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I purchased that package, too.
> I don't own neither "Space Ritual 2" nor "In The Beginning" so I thought
> it would be a good purchase. But does the sound really improve after the
> re-mastering compared to the original releases? Or is just a nice trick
> to sell more copies?

I've only listened through once but the "digital remastering" appears to
have improved the sound by the massive digital factor of about zero.
But then I guess the tapes were of the era when muddy sound was about
the best you could hope for from a reel-to-reel and, to be honest, I
rather like the sonic sloshing around you get from those early tapes.
Early 70s Hawkwind, IMO should sound fuzzy so I don't really mind too
much.

jill

Jill Strobridge <jill at theta-orionis.freeserve.co.uk> or
J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk