OFF: Marillion in Europe etc.

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Fri Sep 24 17:00:03 EDT 1999

Hi Folks...

Does anybody still like this band?  I thought Radiation was crap, but who
knows what the masses think?  Of course, I thought Fish's Raingods with
Zippos was crap too, so there's twice as much crap out there from one
original source.  Lucky us! :)  Sometimes I cheer on reunions for just this
very reason!!  Half (or sometimes a third!) as many lousy albums.

(I should say that I thought Sunsets on Empire was quite excellent, so
*sometimes* one or the other comes through...of course, Steve Wilson was
probably the *real* reason for that success.)

Marillion on tour...

NOVEMBER (UK)
15 Newport/Bristol/Cardiff, TBC
16 Dudley, JB's
17 Nottingham, Rock City 18 Manchester, Academy
20 London, Shepherds Bush Empire

(HOLLAND)
22 Groningen, Oosterpoort
24 Enschede, Music Centre
25 Amsterdam, Paradiso

(GERMANY)
27 Hamburg, Docks
28 Berlin, Columbiahalle
29 Koln, E-Werk
30 Stuttgart, Longhorn

December
02 Dresden, Schlachthof
03 TBC
04 Mannheim, Capitol

Keith H. (FAA)

P.S.  Did anyone go to see the Deep Purple concert in the Royal Albert
Hall??  As much of a fan of DP that I am (and have been since I was just
able to walk), I'm not really sure that there was a point to doing this rock
band w/ orchestra thing ONE MORE TIME!  Haven't the Moody Blues already
beaten this to death by now?

P.P.S.  Queensryche's going out on tour now...anybody got the new album,
Q2K?  Is it any damn good?  I imagine it would have to be different at
least, now that DeGarmo has split.

P.P.P.S.  Yeah, Jill, I'm still on PT Trans...and no, nothing of any
consequence being discussed (disgust?).  Mainly stuff about the Church and
the Flaming Lips.  I hardly know a thing about either.

P.P.P.P.S.  Any more word on that Leeds HW date?  Is it real?  Or is it Memorex?

P.P.P.P.P.S.  I saw the Salamander/P.U./Overhang Party show in Pgh, PA.
Man, Salamander is a really cool space-improv group...Old Mr. Jones (or
whatever it's called) from Red Mantra is an awesome tune (very Space
Ritual-esque, but without the VCS3's or whatever) and it kicked live.  Musta
been 20 min. or more.  I'll have to write up some sort of review soon, so
I'll tell you more about it later.

P.P.P.P.P.P.S.  I've run out of post-scripts, sorry.