Was HW: Source, now OFF: PT

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Sat Sep 25 15:19:58 EDT 1999

>On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Keith Henderson, having answered the question I just
>posted about, wrote:
>
>> P.S.  I've heard that there will be a 'Hawkwind pastiche' piece added onto
>> the upcoming reissue of Porcupine Tree's 'Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape.'  Does
>> anyone know exactly what this might be?  I've got one of the original YHD
>> CDs, and wonder if it's worth it to get this new one as well.
>>
>        *head spins* What! Reissue? Where does one find out about this? I
>wonder if there is any point being subscribed to Deerium's lists any
>more... Yours,

Here's the official info from SW's own homepage.  I know there was once
posted an e-mail address for the guy who runs 'Gates of Dawn'.  His last
name is of course, Piper.  :)  But I imagine that any important info about
it will appear soon.  Since this is an American release, maybe Doug P. might
be convinced to make a joint order for those in Europe interested?  We'll
have to wait until he returns home to ask. :)

Keith H. (FAA)

NEW SINGLE

A single of "Stranger By the Minute" on CD and 7 inch vinyl will be issued
on Sep 27th. There is an enhanced portion on the CD which includes the
"Piano Lessons" video, a photo gallery, discography and lyrics. The CD
format will also include "Even Less Part 2" (7 and a half minutes that were
excised from the album version), while the B side of the 7 inch will be a
remixed version of Steven's interpretation of Neu's "Hallogallo" (originally
included on the Insignificance cassette).

NOTE : It was originally intended to include the complete version of "Even
Less" on the single, but this would have meant exceeding the maximum running
time allowed for a single in the UK.

YELLOW HEDGEROW DREAMSCAPE VINYL EDITION

American label Gates of Dawn will be issuing a vinyl edition of "Yellow
Hedgerow Dreamscape" in October. This album comprises archive material from
1984-91, most of which appeared on early cassette releases and was later
made available on
a limited edition CD in 1994. This new vinyl edition has been remastered and
one track "The Cross" has been replaced by another track from the same
period ("Out" - a Hawkwind pastiche) for purely selfish reasons (Steven
didn't like it). The double album will be pressed on high quality vinyl and
come in a full colour gatefold sleeve with extensive sleeve notes. The first
500 copies of the album will be pressed on yellow vinyl.

For those people not interested in vinyl only releases, note that this new
definitive master of YHD will eventually also appear on CD, although there
are no plans at present.

FORTHCOMING CONCERTS

The second leg of the Stupid Dream tour is as follows :

16.10 - Club Dunois, Paris, France
18.10 - Transbordeur Club, Lyon, France
19.10 - La Laiterie, Strasbourg, France
20.10 - La Splendid, Lille, France
21.10 - Spirit of 66, Verviers, Belgium
22.10 - Aluminium, Munich, Germany
23.10 - Gaswerk, Winterthur, Switzerland
24.10 - Pala Tendra, Mantovar, Italy
29.10 - Binaro Zero, Milan, Italy
30.10 - Roxy Bar, Parma, Italy
4.11 - MarX (Markthalle), Hamburg, Germany
5.11 - Underground, Cologne, Germany
6.11 - De Kade, Zaandam, Holland
8.11 - The Scala, London, UK

Immediately following the tour the band will be going in to the studio to
commence work on a new studio album.