OT: Queensryche

Alex S. Garcia asg at LAGUNA.COM.MX
Sat Sep 25 15:13:01 EDT 1999

>> I have Q2K by Quuensryche, and like it a hell of a lot better than their
>> last album Hear in the Now Frontier.  It's a bit heavier, a tough more
>> imaginative and a smidge more creative.  It's no Operation Mindcrime, nor is
>> it Empire.  But it's pretty damned good.
>
>        I borrowed _Empire_ from a friend and it quite put me off: seemed
>to me to be sub-_Club Ninja_ ballad metal. Did I just have my head in the
>wrong plane when I listened to it, or is this a matter of fundamental
>taste?

Whoah ! That's a weird comparison... I'd have to listen to both again, but
"Empire" never struck me as sounding anything like CN. I do like both, but I
think they're quite different. OTOH, "Silent lucidity" reminded me *a lot*
of Pink Floyd (with tracks like "Comfortably numb" or "Hey you").

Cheers.

Alex.

Read the Icarus Encyclopedia of Fantasy & SF
- http://www.noosfere.com/       (in French)
- http://www.noosfere.com/icarus/homepage.htm
                                                 (in English)
Music videos : members.xoom.com/agarc/mvdb/
My Web HQ : members.tripod.com/~Mandor/