OFF: Deep Purple (Was: Marillion in Europe etc.)

Horse Whisperer beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 26 11:36:56 EDT 1999

>itseems strange to me that DP were revisiting what most people
>consider to be their biggest mistake.

SINNER!  I have both the original Purple/Orch recordings and they are very
good.  If you stand them alongside April on their 3rd MkI LP, you see
exactly where they come from and how to make sense of them.  And even the
idea of Purple in 1970 in the Royal Albert Hall with the Philharmonic
getting totally confused with the orchestra following the conductor (Malcolm
Arnold) and the band following Ian Paice....  What a mental image...

BTW, does anyone have a recording of the footage of the Concerto for Group
and Orchestra???

Chris.

PS who played in the Purp's lineup this time around anyway?