OFF: Bevis Frond live review

Brian Halligan bthalligan at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Sep 29 13:12:53 EDT 1999

>>Here's the story behind the Vavona Burr album title:
>>There is a wood veneer factory in London that has a large sign with the
>>"Veneer of the Week" up on it, and one time when Nick was driving by it
>>was Vavona Burr.  Hense the album title.  The next week there was an even
>>better one, (can't remember- started with a B and sounded weird) that he
>>thought would make an even better album title, but it was too late.

>Bubinga?  An exotic hardwood... Sure it wasn't Vavona <burl> ,
>referring to the grain pattern of the wood?

Yep. That's the one. And it is Vavona Burr, which according to my
dictionary is another name for a California Redwood (or something close to
that- I looked it up awhile ago and I don't have the dictionary handy at
the moment).

Brian