BOC/BS/SWU: The Girl That Love Made Blind / Gil Blanco Count

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Sep 30 13:26:31 EDT 1999

> From:          Steven Tice <StevenTice at AOL.COM>
>
> Lyrics to Girl:
>
> I thought your eyes, blue
> "Oh no, they're green," she said to me
> We danced in time or didn't you know
> This dance was time
>
> At the party of astrologers
> The Christmas tide was due
> On the way to Alberdan
> The dance, the dream and you
> Actuals and counterclaims
> Dancing all the time
> Dancing in the corridor
> And the dance was time
>
> At the height of Christmas tide
> She found a ghost inside
> Give it up or let it ride
> She must decide
>
> Actuals and counterclaims
> Drugged, reborn, resigned
> The castle stands, the girl remains
> And if she'll spin
> It's packed with eyes
> Out there in the corridor
> Caught there in the mirror maze
> From her last and loving glance
> A waltz, a dance, whose time
> Not here but gone was time
>
> So put me to the question
> But there's no return from this castle of mine
> For the powers that be
> The girl and her dreams
> The girl that love made blind
>
> And that's the last dream
> We had upon that night
> The party of astrologers
> The Christmas of my life
>
> Christmas, Christmas, the Christmas of my life
>
> --------
>
> Lyrics supplied by Bolle Gregmar.
>
> Note: the Imaginos version of this song differs greatly in mood, length, and
> overall presentation from the Brain Surgeons version of the song.  Hopefully
> someday it (and Albert Bouchard's amazing Imaginos arrangement of Gil Blanco
> County) will appear on CD!
>
> Steven Tice

Steve,
Thanks for posting the lyrics.  I hate to completely expose my
ignorance, but who wrote the lyrics, Al or SP?  Whoever the author,
they're great lyrics...

theo