Imaginos/Half Life Time

Steven Tice StevenTice at AOL.COM
Thu Sep 30 14:13:47 EDT 1999

In a message dated 9/30/99 1:32:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU writes:

<< Steve,
 Thanks for posting the lyrics.  I hate to completely expose my
 ignorance, but who wrote the lyrics, Al or SP?  Whoever the author,
 they're great lyrics...

 theo >>

As with all Imaginos lyrics, Girl was written by Sandy Pearlman.  If Albert
made any changes to Sandy's originals, he'll have to tell us. :-)

And, if you liked THOSE lyrics, check out these lyrics to Half Life Time,
another "lost" Imaginos song:

Half Life Time

The fourth world stands behind the third world
The third world opposite stands behind you
When the bones of our oppressors have turned to dust
And the cause we serve rules the world
Then a vision, a visitation
All hail the revolution
You who have nothing to lose but your lives
You who fear to die more than once

In red, go riding
It's Half Life Time

Now begins the time of life ride
   Ghosts they are, they walk the Earth
Casualties not necromantic
   The furnace affords them birth
Within Europa's fiery furnace
The last page of prophecy
   I am the ghost of countless yearnings
   Burn we now for victory!

After midnight in the prison yard
The red virgins come to set you free
A lie called truth is on their lips
They do not come to bring you sleep
Red for wine dress of the lord
The bonds that cut our energy
Energy imprisoned must make itself free

Easter Sunday, Saint John's Night
The messenger sleeps between us tonight
If he wakes before the dawn
The message will not be wrong
If he wakes after light
The message will not be right
One for the loved one, one for the life
One for the husband and one for the wife

Now begins the time of life ride
   Ghosts they are, they walk the Earth
Casualties not necromantic
   The fiery furnace affords them birth
Within Europa's fiery furnace
The last page of prophecy
   I am the ghost of countless yearnings
   Burn we now for victory!

On the starship field with the ruler's son
He dreams of revolution, but this chosen one
Will not dream of you
Plutonia, the dream state beckons
Country of the Half Life Time
Areana, the northern sun
Agent of the first design

This world will not end with a whimper
The cries of anguish our victory
History becomes your test
Energy imprisoned must make itself free

(dated 1978)

Lyrics courtesy Bolle again...this is one of the spookiest songs I've ever
heard, another track I hope will appear on disc someday.

Steven Tice