HW: 70's Synths

Thu Sep 30 20:29:03 EDT 1999

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Denis Regenbrecht wrote:

> I'm currently reading a book about synthesizers (one of my hobbies, btw)
> and now I wonder what synthies DikMik and Del used in their time with
> Hawkwind.
> I know that Tim Blake used both EMS (VCS3 & AKS) and Moog synths and I
> suppose D&D also used them. But does someone here know it exactly?

        Not seen any replies to this, though I may have missed them...
Anyway, the sleeve notes to the remaster of HW say that Del used a VCS3 at
that time, and I assume since his sound didn't change much it stayed that
way mostly? Other people could probably contribute more...

        I believe Dik Mik on the other hand was a build-your-own man. Some
day I must find out if I actually _do_ know where he drinks or if my
informant was making it up. Yours,
                                   Jon