OFF: Monster Magnet @ the Brighton Bar, 27/09/99

Karen Kusic kkusic at EXECPC.COM
Thu Sep 30 20:39:22 EDT 1999

Jonathan Jarrett wrote:
> the latest Monster Magnet show featured . . .
> a ten-minute plus `Spine Of God' and a cover of `The Right Stuff',
> according to information on my other list...

Is this the same "The Right Stuff" that was mentioned here a week ago?

>The Right Stuff, by Pressurehed (I know this was on an album, but which?)

That's on _Sudden Vertigo_, which I just got!  Pretty good CD
(especially "Slo Blo"), but I prefer _Explaining the Unexplained_.

TRS by Pressurehed also appears on _HW F&R Vol 6 - Cosmic Travellers_.

MWood

By the way, Ed Mundell, of Monster Magnet is on tour with his band,
Atomic Bitchwax:

http://www.karatsu.or.jp/~naomi/bitch/bitchframe.html

10/6 Cleveland ,Ohio euclid tavern
10/7 Detroit ,Michigan magic stick
10/8 Chicago ,Illinois empty bottle
10/9 Milwalkee ,Wisconsin cactus bar
10/10 Madison ,Wisconsin ocayz coral
10/11 Minneapolis ,Minnisota 7th st. entry
10/13 Kansas City ,Montana daveys uptown
10/14 Denver ,Colorado blue bird theater
10/15 Fort Collins ,Colorado starlight
10/16 Laramie, Wyoming fireside lounge
10/18 Boulder, Colorado fox theater
10/20 Bozeman, Montana filling Station
10/21 Missoula, Montana cowboy bar
10/22 Seattle, Washington crocodile cafe
10/23 Portland, Oregon ej's
10/30 Long Beach, California lava lounge
11/05 Austin, Texas emo's alternative
11/08 New Orleans, Louisiana state palace upstairs

Gotta go!

--
"Like any driving directions/map, you should always do a
reality check and make sure the road still exists, watch out