HW Andy G'b on the case (a bit)

Sun Apr 2 19:20:28 EDT 2000

Ah yes - the rumour mill - now what were the questions? Let me see.....

1. The entire Sundown gig that "It's So Easy" was taken from was almost
released by EMI in 1984 and is still in the vault.>>>>>>>>>
Yep!!! Almost released in '98 too!!!
2. The Warrior tour was recorded for a live LP but because of Lemmy's
exit and M.Moorcock's displeasure with UA and Doug Smith over Kings Of
Speed being included in Warrior rather than New World's Fair was not
released.>>>>>
???????
3. PXR5 was meant to have been a live LP from the Quark tour>>>>>
?????
4. There are enough unreleased tracks from both ASAM and QS&C to fill a
CD i.e. High Rise, Robot etc.>>>>>>>>>
??????
5. The Space Ritual was filmed and one of the band has it>>>>>
Close - dunno about the whole thing being filmed but part of it
defintely exists - who's got it?  EMI, of course!!
6. Simon King rejoined the band in the early 80's but got the boot when
he asked for a pay rise.>>>>>>
??????
7. The BBC Sessions ho ho ho tell us the story!>>>>>
You'll have to wait a few days for this as I'm on a deadline for sleeve
notes to a Magma compilation I'm sorting out for a UK label. (It's not
THAT much of a story so don't expect to be riveted)
8. Dave Brock still plays in a blues band and releases records under a
different name>>>>>>
9. Lemmy rehearsed with the band for the Earth Ritual tour but walked
out before the tour because Nik refused to apologise for giving him the
boot in 75.>>>>>>>>
?????????
10. The 1982/3(?) baton incident - 'nuff said g'vnor>>>>>>>>>
Sorry??????Hmmmm.......

Being surprisingly little help in all of this,
Andy G'b