Imaginos Sighting!.... Sort of...

Andrew Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Sat Apr 1 17:41:07 EST 2000

At 09:37 AM 4/2/00 -0500, Karen Kusic wrote:
>Yes!  It still exists.  I was there just about a year ago . . .
>
>http://www.sanfranciscomemories.com/cliff/house.html
>
>http://www.cliffhouse.com/
>
>BOC Imaginos cover:
>http://www.bocfanclub.com/TheStudio/Collect.html
>(scroll to bottom)
>
>Great restaurant.  Fabulous food and atmosphere.
>
>But!  I have to say . . . when I went downstairs to the restroom, I was
>totally spooked.  Think there are rumours of the place being haunted . .

Looking at the page, the one on the imaginos cover looks more like
the second cliff house, not the current one.  The history page link on
cliffhouse.com indicates there were 3, one destroyed in 1894 (and which
would have been "period" for the Imaginos saga circa Magna of Illusion),
another destroyed in 1906, and the current one.

THe pics of the second one seem the most sinister, ethereal/horror
tinged.  This one:

http://www.cliffhouse.com/history/ch2bw.htm

"To dwell within Samsara, however, is to
 be subject to the works of those mighty
 among dreamers."

 - Mahasamatman, in Zelazny's "Lord of Light"

Andrew Apold