HW Andy G'b - Dave Brock & his Baton 1982-3

Melvyn Vincent mel at MVA.U-NET.COM
Mon Apr 3 16:34:36 EDT 2000

Just thought you'd like to know that I clearly remember the 'Dave Brock and
his baton',bit! (nuff said guvnor).
In 1982/3 I accidentally stumbled on a column in the London Evening
Standard about a rock musician appearing in court after being arrested in
possesion of dangerous weapon. Apparently Mr David Brock. aged 39 ,was
stopped by police in a London street whilst in possesion of a 4ft baton,
and when questioned he claimed that he possesed it purely for self defence!
He subsequently appeared at Marylebone Magistrates Court and was fined.
This is roughly the story as I remember. It quite surprised me because I
had always had this vision of DB being a very level headed,laid back sort
of guy.

Perhaps if Dave Brock reads this,he could verify it and perhaps enlighten
us as to his motives at the time.........(perhaps he was on his way to
settle a grievance with Doug Smith?????)

Mel V.