OFF: Bags x 2 (was Re: HW saddos)

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Tue Apr 4 18:17:21 EDT 2000

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000 17:11:51 -0400, Stephen Swann <swann at PLUTONIA.COM> wrote:
>On Thu, Mar 30, 2000 at 01:26:51PM -0800, Doug Pearson wrote:
>> >
>> >Now playing bass for the Damned, in case anyone's at all interested.
>>
>> That would be Patricia Morrison, who got her start in the girl-fronted LA
>> punk band the Bags (one of whom was later in, I think, the Go-Go's).
>
>This has got to be a different Bags than the ones who did _Rock Starve_,
>right?  I can't imagine them as being fronted by anything other than
>those two ugly guitarists.

Good lord!  I can't believe that anyone remembers that band (the
mid/late-80s all-male Bags from Boston, not the late-70s mostly-female LA
band).  Although given the locale I wouldn't be surprised if mr. DASLUD
knew (of?) 'em.  Yes, they were the "other" Bags ... thanks for reminding
me of one of the "mediocre underground rock bands of the 80s" ... Painted
Willie (who I saw open for the Butthole Surfers back in 86 or so), anyone?

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com