off: GYBE, SR etc...

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Wed Apr 5 06:25:43 EDT 2000

Back from the way cool Vancouver and comparative list stasis .....

Andy (no G) & I checked out GYBE! & Sigur Ros at the Festival Hall in London
last night.
Various ferry delays from Dublin meant proceedings started late, with Fly Pan
Am cancelled and Sigur Ros not starting until 9.30. SR are pretty cool I
agree, and while the guy's vocals do indeed suit the music, I'm not sure its
quite my cup of tea. Get Labradford or Do Make Say Think in support would have
been cool imho.

GYBE didn't start until 10.40 ish and only played about 70-80 minutes, unlike
my first exposure to them live last year at Union Chapel (awesome) where they
played a good 2+quarter hours. Last night the first 45 minutes was all new
material and pretty damn cool. Hopefully a new album out soon :-) They
finished up with an extended BBF3 from _Slow Riot..._ with tremendous and
climactic  riffing from all involved. good stuff.

Re: Rob Halford from a while back, I always figured the JP split was resultant
to his affirmation of an  'alternate lifestyle'. Could be wrong though.
His post JP output has been:
- the Pantera style metal outfit Fight (albums War of Words, Small Deadly
Space & Mutations. Only got the first. Pretty decent if you like that kinda
thing)
- Industrial tinged experiment "Two", yeah, produced by Trent Reznor. Dunno
what it sounds like. Rob wearing way too much mascara on the cover though!
- Last news snippet I saw was that he was returning to his metal roots. Hmmm.

Tim

ObCD: Nebula  _To the Center_