HW: The Hawkwind Connection

Tim Gadd lupercal at GEOCITIES.COM
Wed Apr 5 07:58:34 EDT 2000

At 11:10 AM 4/4/00 -0400, K Henderson wrote:
>>>Michael Moorcock demos 1992
>>>Another Quiet Day In Auschwitz
>>>Starcruiser
>>>Dodgem Dude
>>>Brothel In Rosenstrasse
>>>Good Girl, Bad Girl
>>>Time Centre
>>>My New Knife
>>>Peter The Vulture
>>>Intro Mental
>>>Harlequin
>>
>>1992? Those songs (or songs which match their description) were all on the
>>tape he sent me in about 1984.
>
>Yeah, I knew immediately by listening to these things that '1992' was total
>crap.  We should all know by now (still don't understand how I could have
>believed the given date on THA without question!) that HW and accurate liner
>notes should never appear in the same sentence.

I've found 2 of tapes he sent me. On one of these he dates the Entropy Tango
songs (of which there are about 4 in that list) as recorded in 1976.  My
guess at Auschwitz would be no later than about 81, but I can't actually
remember what I'm basing that on.

The really collectable item would be the album by 'The Magnificent
Bellyflops' (apparently a reference to MM's stomach) which he recorded in
about 1961-1962 with Langdon Jones, Charles Platt and Pete Taylor, titled
'Suddenly it's the Bellyflops' - apparently a very small number pressed
privately.

Platt, by this stage, had been in a band called 'Jesus Christ and the
Apostles', which I think is rather progressive for 1962 :)
--
Tim Gadd
Hobart, Tasmania