HW - Garibaldi's back!!!

Wed Apr 5 20:59:47 EDT 2000

Hi Sports Fans,
Returning to the group, following an exhausting time making a
compilation, revolving around three Magma albums, into an absolute work
of art.
Anyway, here is the news.
First, in response to the one guy who asked about the BBC Sessions album
- not much of a story here I'm afraid. What basically happened was that
one of the mail order operations who spend oodles of money advertising
in the likes of Record Collector, had an album advertised for sale by
Hawkwind called 'BBC Sessions' or similar. Knowing nothing about it, I
called EMI, who confirmed that it was coming out, had a release date and
even a catalogue number for it, but no other info. So, naturally, to get
the full info on content, I called Doug Smith who was quite amazed when
I asked the question. It turned out that the album had been arranged
between Doug and EMI but had not got as far as any terms or contract
being signed for its release to take place and that, I suppose, EMI had
'jumped the gun' assuming it was all signed, sealed and delivered. All I
can now presume, since it disappeared off the schedules a while later,
is that an agreement couldn't be reached or, more likely, the prospect
of the reunion concerts coming up in Sept '99, meant that
compilation-time was upon us yet again, as the majors seemed to love to
do, and the BBC thing got replaced by the 'Epoch' thing, altho' to be
fair, that was for the Eclipse. Anyway, still no BBC album and that's it
- pretty dull, eh?

To other things - someone told me that a mail Order company are
advertising the Hawkwind Family Tree album in this month's Record
Collector, and that a Dutch company, among others I gather,  are
advertising the Calvert 'Revenge' CD also. Prompted by phone calls as to
why our beloved customers have not heard about this from me at CD
Services, I went into investigation mode, to find out from the label,
that the 'Atomhenge' double CD (the '76 one) is now not due for release
until sometime in JUNE (Yes, June!!!) and that the 'Family Tree' and the
Calvert albums are not even on the schedule yet for release, which means
July at the earliest (unless Dave's done a deal with another label about
which none of us know anything right know and someone's got wind of it
somehow, altho' I find that highly unlikely). Also, following a
converstion today, it would appear more than likely that the 'Family
Tree' album is not even finished yet, let alone ready for release. So,
stick with me at CD Services and we'll keep you updated with what's
really going on!! Those who can't wait any longer , really should
consider the 'Thrilling Adventures' album which is excellent.

The Motorhead new studio album is currently on presale here at CD
Services with the first pressing only coming in a special tin packaging
and limited to initial orders only, so if you want to secure a copy, get
in touch as soon as possible as release date's set for 15th May
and our advance order discount will only apply up to a week or so before
then.

Next, the Starfield album, that Brian Tawn mentioned in his last
newsletter, is now in stock here at CDS, and it's just SUPERB. Hawkwind
fans will love it, I promise. You'll find my review for it at:
www.andygee.dial.pipex.com/album.htm
and it's available right now EXCLUSIVELY through CD Services.

For the Blue Oyster fraternity, for whom this is probably a well-known
thing already, there's now a special fold-out digi-pak release on
Munster label of the 4-track NY 1972 live mini-album, which looks and
sounds great. Dunno how legit it is tho'. S'pose it's OK otherwise we
wouldn't have it here.

For UK people and interested overseas fans, Krel's electronic
instrumental alter-ego are doing another one-off Supermarket gig, this
time in England (the last one was in Scotland) at leading retail giant
Sainsbury's in Stafford on May 27th - full details at:
www.andygee.dial.pipex.com/event2.htm

Had enough yet - I know I have.

Andy Garibaldi.