OFF: Planetary Alignments

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Thu Apr 6 13:51:17 EDT 2000

Zeitgeist <stuarthamilton at CONNECTFREE.CO.UK> wrote:
> Can anyone confirm whether or not on May 5th? The Earth, Moon, Sun, Mercury,
> Venus, Mars, Saturn & Jupiter will all be aligned (in a straight line)

True, more or less.  See
        http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/alignment.html

> for the first time in 6000 years.

Not sure about this part.

> Apparently, the astronomers and astrologers were jumping up and
> down and foaming at the mouth the last time we had a four planetary
> alignment in the early sixties

This time, the astrologers are jumping and foaming again about
the alignment.  Mostly the astronomers are jumping and foaming
about the astrologers.  (See many of the pages linked to by the
above, especially the "Bad Astronomy" one.)

"Ductor, Dan [NEUUS]" <DDUCTOR at NEUUS.JNJ.COM> wrote:
> The last time that they were aligned was February 1962 in Aquarius.

Hmm, is this what that Age of Aquarius stuff was about?  (Maybe
not -- my astrology's a bit fuzzy (but no more so, I think, than
the astrologers' :-))  If it is, then one could indeed say that
the alignment caused flower power.  The recreational chemicals
helped too, of course...

> There will be many Planetary alignments from May 3 to May 28th.

Well, perhaps one constantly shifting one.  Except for the moon;
it'll be out'a there pretty quickly.

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
to me, Charlie Brown represented the courage to be sincere in the face of
ridicule. he was NOT a loser.
thank you, Mr. Schulz.
        - Robert C. Mayo