OFF: Planetary Alignments

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Apr 7 06:43:49 EDT 2000

> LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Next month, the sun and six of the planets
> will line up like cosmic billiard balls in a configuration
> doomsayers warn could shift the Earth's poles, trigger earthquakes,

This is bollocks. The combined gravity of all the planets would amount
to just over 1% of the gravity of the Moon, due to relative distances.
As the distance of the Moon varies enough that we routinely experience
that variation without ill-effect, it's transparently bollocks too.

> ruin the stock market

IMHO very likely, though the cause will be the usual two-generational
orgy of borrowing and greed rather than any planetary effects. Odds are
that those who are doing the borrowing and exercising their greed will
look for anything or anyone to blame but themselves, so expect
planets/brokers/bears/etc to come in for a hard time.

Hell they may even blame evil rock music.

> and usher in the Age of Aquarius if anyone
> survives.

I'm expecting the Age of The Debt Collector.

FoFP