OFF: Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame

Stephen Swann swann at PLUTONIA.COM
Fri Apr 7 15:33:17 EDT 2000

On Fri, Apr 07, 2000 at 11:52:11AM -0400, K Henderson wrote:
> Swann's song goes...
> >They'll probably induct Clapton 25 more times before they ever get
> >to a band that I really like.

 [...]
> I caught part of the E.C. interview on 60 minutes here, and (of course) the
> obligatory 'strung out on drugs' until XXXX date, and then clean ever since,
> and how much life is better now....that was all there, but what they failed
> to explain was why it is that all of his music has absolutely sucked since
> becoming sober. For once I'd like to hear them try to explain that in a
> politically-correct atmosphere.  Or 'haze', I should say.

Frankly, I haven't been able to stand him ever since he became the
poster child for White Boy Blues.  As for his more recent material,
especially the acoustic stuff (like that castrated version of Leila),
well, to say that I find it torturous to listen to would be an
understatement.  All you'd need now is get Phil Collins to sing
for him, and I'd be in musical hell.

Steve
swann at plutonia.com