HW

Fri Apr 7 21:08:32 EDT 2000

Andy, in the course of your investigations into the 'BBC Sessions' cd,
did you find out when it was recordrd?

All best
Mick.

----------------------
What I gathered was that it was all recent '90's stuff like Mark
Radckliffe session that they did and similar - the BBC don't have the
original Hawkwind Top Gear session tape from whenever it was ('70? '71?
- I have a tape of it somewhere) so it's highly unlikely that this one
in particular is ever going to see the light of day as a CD.
OH, and to the guy who joked that I'd scuppered the deal by calling Doug
Smith - jeez, I wish I had THAT much power!!! Bo, the deal wasn't signed
and the CD could not have come out without a signed deal by the two
parties - I merely hastened the inevitable, I'm afraid.
Of course, getting back to BBC stuff, why on earth someone hasn't
released:
1) A stereo copy of the BBC Radio One In Concert CD
or
2)The Radio One In Concert hour long broadcast live at Leicester from
'88
onto CD yet is a mystery - wonder if they've lost those too? But then,
we've all got tapes that are better, any way, haven't we!!!
Andy G'b
Andy G'b