HW: BBC archives

Thomas Guy Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Mon Apr 10 10:39:45 EDT 2000

Hi folks, Andy G, and Andy G'b,

Just a minor correction!   The one hour 88 BBC "In Concert" is from
Hammersmith Odeon. I once did a "mix" using the BBC tape, and a "live"
recording, re-generating the full concert as such, complete with the
chickens that lay brown joints! I suspect that the confusion with Leicester
is the fact that there is a damned fine Leicester tape out there, but not
the show that the BBC broadcast.

I was in contact with BBC archives, and The 1988 BBC master tape has
Brainstorm in full, I suspect that the programme was running late so it was
faded out when originally broadcast. The rest of the concert doesn't exist
at the BBC archives, but it may possibly exist with the producer of the show
(Jeff Griffin), alas he's long retired from the BBC now!

They also have the original 1985 "In-session" masters too, as well as the
1995 Mark Ratcliffe Show, the 1972 Paris Theatre show, and the Reading 1986
In concert. Of course the '72 and '86 have already been released.

The 1985 "In Session" tracks are:

1:      Assault of the Hawk
2:      They've Got Your Number
3:      Magnu, Dream Worker of Time

The 88 and 85 would fit nicely onto one CD!

When I last talked to my contact there, there was NOTHING else in the sound
archives - none  of the John Peel or Top Gear shows.

Best wishes,

Guy Thomas