BOC: Imaginos CD, and other CD queries

Tim Gadd lupercal at GEOCITIES.COM
Tue Apr 11 09:17:37 EDT 2000

Every CD copy of Imaginos I see on ebay states that it is out of print
('gone for good' in one case), yet I saw it listed in a catalogue today with
a release date of October 17, 1999 (label not given). Anyone know what the
story is? Ditto 'Secret Treaties'. Has this become difficult to get?

Also re. ST's: my Australian LP copy used to have red lettering, but the
import CD I bought of it about 5 years ago has green. Which is usual?

Finally, re the self-titled album: I bought a CD copy, about 8 years ago,
and the quality was really poor: very muffled sound; no hard edges to the
guitar; generally inferior. However it was in the CBS budget price series at
9.95 (which is actually very cheap for a CD in Australia), so I thought
perhaps that may have had something to do with it, and I bought a
full-priced copy on their regular label at about $30.00, and that was
exactly the same. So my question is simply, did they ever get around to
releasing a CD version of BOC which was as good as the vinyl? Tyranny and ST
sound great on CD, but the two BOC's I've heard sound pretty sorry.
--
Tim Gadd
Hobart, Tasmania