HW: Guest spots and Sessions

Tue Apr 11 11:54:02 EDT 2000

On Sun, 9 Apr 2000, Nick Lee wrote:

>     Forgive me if this has been covered in the past. Which HW members,
> excluding those with their own groups e.g. Lemmy, Huw, Nik, have been
> the most active in sessions over the years? The obvious ones are Simon
> House (Bowie, Japan), Simon King (Eno)...anyone got a full listing? I
> remember Dave Brock being credited for work with Iggy but when I asked
> him about this years ago he didn't know anything about it; apart from
> Capt. Lockheed and New World's Fair I don't think he has played on
> anyone elses stuff.
>
>     Dave did guest on synth on the Dumpy's Rusty Nuts album "Get Out
> On the Road" on the track Hawkwind.  Dumpy's next (live) album
> featured Alan Davey on loan as bassist and short lived Hawk drummer
> Mick Kirton.
>
>     Nick

        From somewhere on ftp.spc.edu I found a thing called the Hawkwind
Family Tree, which has a lot of this stuff, and also the discography there
has spin-offs listed; it claims Dave guested on the Nektar album _Down To
Earth_, but doesn't mention Bob, who certainly did. Given this, and the
fact that it also badly confuses Simons King and House, I wonder if anyone
knows if this is actually true?

        Also, Mick Kirton's a new one on me - when did he fit in on the
stool? Cheers for help, yours,
                               Jon

--
 |  Jon Jarrett (01223 741219)         jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk   |