BOC: live in ny/'72 uh...what IS this?

Bolts of Ungodly Vision js3619 at WIZVAX.NET
Fri Apr 14 15:00:10 EDT 2000

> Is this the one that yielded the 2 live tunes on WotT?  And also has
> an early version of Buck's Boogie?  If so, I think that some of it was
> recorded at a small venue in Rochester NY...

Nugget's Pizza parlor if memory serves me correctly.
The version of Workshops is dy-no-mite. Good organwork by Lanier and a far tighter
arrangment than on the 1st LP.

Skydog is a shifty label in general. I think almost all their catalog is in some
way illegit. They did the MC5 _Thunder Express_ Cd of a tv perormance
by the 5 (sans bassist Michael Davis) w/ what sounded like direct-from-
worn-vinyl copying of Borderline/Looking at You 45 and I can only give you
everything. Though the last song has a different ending than on
Breakout 66 recently released. The Breakout version fades the end out, while
Skydog's has a proper loud chord ending.
I'm very happy copying thunder express for others since its probably
not giving any funds to Kramer et.al. Has a killer rendition of the Stones'
"Empty Hearts" on it, and particularly potent Drummin' throughout.

Aesthetic theory incarnate (with caffeine vein-filler)
Jason