OFF: Napster in the news

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Sun Apr 16 03:10:59 EDT 2000

In a message dated 4/15/00 6:03:47 PM, henderson.120 at OSU.EDU writes:

<<
"We take our craft -- whether it be the music, the lyrics, or the photos and
artwork very seriously, as do most artists," Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich
said in a statement on the Elektra Records Web site. "It is therefore
sickening to know that our art is being traded like a commodity rather than
the art that it is."
=====
god i _hate_ it when rock musicians belabor words like "art".
so how many 'units' had metallica 'shifted' before the shocking realization
that their "art is being treated like a commodity" by their huge corporate
employers?.

but, see, that's okay; under _those_ circumstances they're getting _paid_.
====
<<The Napster software program allows Internet users to search for and
download music directly from each others' computer hard drives. The music is
stored in a digital format known as MP3.>>
===
all i knew was, the friend who made me the mp3s for daslud/dsra said "go
here"...and told me he made his entire music collexion available via napster
[which would have included the daslud material....and/but a variety of
copyrighted material tambien. oops.]
==
if napster is ripping people off, they'll sink.
bye.

"<>"