HW: guests, sessions, spin-offs etc.

Alasdair Macdonald alimac at NETCOMUK.CO.UK
Wed Apr 19 14:22:26 EDT 2000

Jon -

A couple of additions:

On 19 Apr 00, at 18:14, Jon Jarrett wrote:

> DAVE ANDERSON:
<snip>
>         1987 Groundhogs (_Back Against the Wall_);
<snip>

Also Hogs On The Road (double live LP) - recorded Dec 1987.

Worth mentioning that the Groundhogs drummer for these albums
was Mick Jones, not Mick Kirton. Both the above were released on
Demi Monde; not sure it DA & MK ever played together.

> ANDY ANDERSON:
> ex-The Cure;
>         (joins Hawkwind 1984; leaves Hawkwind 1984).

Surely Andy Anderson played on the Feb '83 mini-tour only? Also,
he has played with Steve Hillage and is recorded on (for instance)
Steve Hillage's Live Herald album. I'm fairly sure that his playing
with Hillage preceded his playing with the Cure.

>MICK KIRTON:
>        (joins Hawkwind 1988; leaves Hawkwind 1989).

Mick Kirton was with the Tony McPhee Band / Groundhogs from
approx 1983 to late 80s; he appears on a couple of Groundhogs
albums ie:
Razor's Edge (also Moving Fast - Standing Still 2 for 1) - 1984
Groundhogs Live "No Surrender" album (copyright date is 1988).

I can't believe you keep all this info. The Ginger Baker section
*could* be expanded enormously.

HTH

Alasdair

--