HW: guests, sessions, spin-offs etc.

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Wed Apr 19 19:40:19 EDT 2000

domo arigato, minna, this xchange was fun!

"<>"

In a message dated 4/19/00 5:13:54 PM, ceres at SIRIUS.COM writes:

<< <jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:

>On Wed, 19 Apr 2000 DASLUD at AOL.COM wrote:

>> In a message dated 4/19/00 1:53:58 PM, henderson.120 at OSU.EDU writes:

>> << >GINGER BAKER: ex-Atomic Rooster, >>

>> ======

>> you _sure_ suh?

>> they were the band carl palmer left to become 1/3 of elp, around the

time of

>> baker's air force...hhmmmm....

>        So _The Great Rock Discography_ insists, though it fails to list

>him in the Rooster entry anywhere.

'The Great Rock Discography' by M.C. Strong?  That book is so ridiculously

riddled with stupid errors (some of which are apparently intentional to

discourage copyright violation) that I consider it fairly worthless as a

serious, reliable reference.  There's at least one mistake in damn near

every single entry.  I've been tempted to make a list of all the mistakes,

but I have other things that I need to do during the next three years.  If

it says that Ginger Baker was in Atomic Rooster, it's a pretty safe

assumption that he WASN'T.

        -Doug

         ceres at sirius.com