Robert McConnel leaves Sloterdijk touring lineup

SLOTERDIJK SLOTERDIJK at WEBTV.NET
Thu Apr 20 21:52:24 EDT 2000

Despite a very successul debut performance with Sloterdijk in
Philadelphia, April 15th, sources within the project indicate the Robert
McConnel will not be returning during the U.S. summer tour dates, which
will begin with The Mandelbrot Sets in Hartford Ct. June 30th.

McConnel who shares songwriting credits with Jay Adcock and Mike Burro
on the new piece entitiled "cryogenics", will likely continue working
with Adcock on an as yet undisclosed body of work. It is assumed that he
desires an outlet for his own work, and that Sloterdijk does not allow
enough room for the type of material he is creating.

Although an initial suprise, McConnel's departure is an amicable one,
and "cryogenics" will appear ( along with his performance) on the soon
to be released "Integration" CD.

Jay Adcock will remain with the project, and will appear at all U.S.
dates.

"Sloterdijk will continue to evolve as it has been doing. Each player
brings something unique and different to the project, and so I
appreciate what bob did. I felt he played very well, and I enjoyed
having him with us. I feel that his contributions led to the creation of
a great new piece (cryogenics), and so I suppose, things are working as
they should be. Bob is a very talented guy, but really has a passion for
Heavy Metal. He has writtten alot of material which could never become
part of Sloterdijk, so I appreciate his drive to do his own thing,
though I have only heard of his departure second hand "Right now I have
european dates to worry about..digitally recreating many of the old
loops, etc, upating etc. I enjoyed the philly show, but I haven't the
time to speculate about what bob will do". Jay is still within the fold,
and contributing more diversly than ever, so everything looks good from
here".

                          Mike Burro

http://community.webtv.net/SLOTERDIJK/SLOTERDIJKControl
http://community.webtv.net/SLOTERDIJK/ARTIMUS