Metallica SUCKS!

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Sun Apr 23 14:47:32 EDT 2000

Darrin McKeehen opined:

> Finally! I am glad that you spoke up. THANX! I feel the same way. What
> happened to these jerks?

Sounds like you got miffed with them because they stopped playing _Kill
'em All_ all the time, became successful, started making lots of money
after years "fighting to make it" (isn't that the reward of that
exercise??), stopped being the poor starving artist, and now don't have
to eat "bread in hand" sandwiches anymore.  How sad, too bad, never
mind...

But, this "Metallica sucks," "how cruel of them," "I won't buy another
Metallica CD," sentiment on BOC-L as of late prompts me to ask a
question: I was in Best Buy yesterday, and I spotted the DCC remaster of
_Master of Puppets_ on the shelf.  Has anyone heard this?  Is it worth
plopping down the ~$27 for?  The DCC remaster of Tull's _Aqualung_ is
incredible (better than EMI's!), so I know the company can work
wonders.  _Master of Puppets_ is always an album I considered to have
been flawed by its mastering, so I'm wondering if DCC have finally fixed
that problem.

Anyone have this and care to chime in (privately, if need be)?

Cheers,

Paul.

NP: Fleetwood Mac, _The Complete Blue Horizon Sessions: 1967-1969_ (disc
6)
e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa