OFF: Amorphis NA tour

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Sun Apr 23 21:59:55 EDT 2000

Hi Folks...

The Finnish psychedelic/metal hybrid band Amorphis are touring the US (and
Canada) soon.  I love their newest (or do they have another just out?) 'Tuonela'
CD on Relapse Records.  Their previous effort included a Hawkwind cover, so
that makes them cool straight away, eh?

Anyway, the sad thing is that they're touring with at least three (and
perhaps four) other bands, and so I get the feeling that they may only be on
stage for a 'half-length' set (45 minutes or so).  So I'm not sure if I'll
travel three hours each way to see them this time 'round.  (Of course,
they're not coming to Columbus).  Other than Armored Saint (who I've
actually never heard), the other names are unfamiliar, but I gather they're
all rather ordinary metal bands.

Here are the dates anyway...

Wed/May-03      PHILADELPHIA,PA         TROC
Thu/May-04      WHEATON,MD              PHANTASMAGORIA
Fri/May-05      BROOKLYN,NY             L'AMOUR
Sat/May-06      WORCESTER,MA            THE PALADIUM
Sun/May-07      MONTREAL                FOUFOUNES Electriques
Mon/May-08      TORONTO                 REVERB ROOM
Tue/May-09      PITTSBURGH,PA           CLUB LAGA
Wed/May-10      CHICAGO,IL              HOUSE OF BLUES
Thu/May-11      CINCINNATI,OH           ANNIE'S
Fri/May-12      CLEVELAND,OH            FLYING MACHINE
Sat/May-13      DETROIT,MI              HARPO's
Sun/May-14      MILWAUKEE,WI            RAVE BAR
Tue/May-16      DENVER,CO               BLUEBIRD THEATRE
Thu/May-18      SAN FRANCISCO,CA        COCODRIE
Fri/May-19      LOS ANGELES,CA          WHISKEY A GO-GO
Sat/May-20      PHOENIX,AZ              MASON JAR
Sun/May-21      EL PASO,TX              E9 NITECLUB
Tue/May-23      DALLAS,TX               GALAXY
Wed/May-24      AUSTIN,TX               BACKROOM

Where the hell is the 'Flying Machine' in Cleveland?  That's a new one!

I also see that Cerberus Shoal is also touring.  They're a band I've seen
mentioned in certain spacerock circles, and wonder if they're any good.
Well, are they?  :)

Grakkl (FAA)