Favorite BOC Releases

Darrin McKeehen dmckeehen at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 24 07:04:58 EDT 2000

There's quite a few BOC releases that I really like.

In college my friends loved to jam "Fire of Unknown Origin" and "Mirrors".
Maybe, because they really liked them or because they just came out on disc
at that time. At any rate those 2 releases got me back into BOC.

I really liked "Cultasaurous Erectis" when it came out. Black Blade is a
cool tune. This prompted me to buy "Secret Treaties" about the same time.
Still love that one!

I was in 6th grade when "On You Feet or On Your Knees" came out and my buddy
Mike only had a few records, so that one got played alot.

"Spectres" is another great album. My brother bought "Agents" when it came
out, so I got to hear his copy alot and never bought that one.

I held out for some time to get the best sounding copy of the first 2
releases, which are 2 of my all time favorite BOC releases EVER.

I don't really see any selling out on any of these releases and the band
does not keep playing the same stuff over and over. You can find a common
thread in the first 3 records and between Mirrors, Fire..and Spectres.

I have not bought a newer BOC release for a long time. I have a friend
that's a big BOC fan and he advised me against buying Club Ninja etc.

I have tried to catch BOC every time that they have come through. I have an
untorn ticket for their '97 appearance here. I got hit by a car on that day
and just could not make it. NO lie!

They are coming to Orlando in a couple weeks and I will be making the drive.
I am sure it will be a really good show!

Do they play longer than 2 hours these days?

Peace,

Darrin