Captain Beyond Tribute

Tue Apr 25 20:54:27 EDT 2000

Darrin M -
the CD is available now from me at CD Services, and here's the write-up
I did for it in the catalogue in February:
V/A: Thousand Days Of Yesterdays - A Tribute To Captain Beyond
CD£12.99
Now, the disadvantage of reviewing a tribute album to such an obscure
band as this (and you have to ask yourself why it's been done in the
first place) is that you can't really say how good or bad it is compared
to what it's meant to sound like (possibly the whole point - I don't
know), but the advantage is that you can just listen to it all and then
say 'thumbs up' or 'thumbs down'. To my great surprise, this is most
definitely 'thums up' and I realy must find one of the Capatin Beyond
albums just to see if what I'm hearing here is better or worse. If
worse, then Captain Beyond must be one hell of a rock band,  because
this thing is smoking prog-metal with feet in both camps and it rocks.
The guitar and synths work throughout is exemplary, and the consistency
of enjoyment incredibly high. The arrangements and production are vast
and loud while the vocals throughput work a treat. NOT ONLY THAT, but
you'll find an exclusive ten minute track from Flower Kings and a track
from Five Fifteen that includes ex-Hawkwind sax man Nik Turner blowing a
fine solo in the track. Other bands to be features are Lotus w/ex-Thin
Lizzy guitarist Brian Robertson, Locomotive Breath, Standarte and more.

OK????
Well worth getting, eh!!!!. We have it in stock unless it's sold out in
which case more will be here by Friday.
Andy Garibaldi.