OFF: Last Days of May

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Apr 25 15:56:00 EDT 2000

Hi Folks...

I was browsing today in Used Kids (as I do every week about this time), and
saw a disc by a band called 'Last Days of May.'  I read the little advert
blurb on the outside of the disc, which was sufficiently nebulous to not
give me much of an idea of what the band was like.  All I could gather is
that they were an instrumental 'power trio.'  And this was their second release.

Was just wondering whether the band's name was obviously a BOC reference, or
whether Last Days of May is a commonly known phrase for some other reason.
Was also wondering if they iz any good.

I had a good day...I found the EMI remaster of Pink Floyd's Piper for only
$5...it had a nasty mark on it (which the guy warned me about...reason for
the low price), but it was outside the area where the music is burned in, so
no matter.

Grakkl (FAA)

P.S.  Can anyone tell me what Pere Ubu album(s) I might like?  I really like
the band Speaker/Cranker (a possible SD2K entry) which inclues PU-guitarist
Jim Jones (actually on synth in S/C), and thought I'd try them out.