HW: Lucky Lief

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Wed Apr 26 18:20:56 EDT 2000

On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 07:21:22AM +1000, Tim Gadd wrote:
> I also couldn't help thinking that when RC recorded Lucky Lief, he pretty
> much re-defined the term 'quirky'.

Uh huh.  I like Calvert's stuff, a lot ... except for this one.
I searched for it for *years* on vinyl, and I think I only
listened to it once.

Rather like Annie Haslam's "Annie in Wonderland".  I passed by N
copies of that in the delete bins after first discovering
Hawkwind.  By the time someone turned me onto Renaissance, AiW
was a collectors item.  I finally forked over the cash, got it
home, and went "Ick!  What's this smarmy crap?"

This is completely unlike Capt. Lockheed and New Worlds Fair,
both of which I also searched for for years, and both of which
were *well* worth the effort.

> Recieved my CD of Lucky Lief today - along with what was invoiced as Live at
> Queen Elizabeth Hall, but was in fact some band I've never heard of

They screwed up the wrong half of your order :-) "Live at QEH"
is great!

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
to me, Charlie Brown represented the courage to be sincere in the face of
ridicule. he was NOT a loser.
thank you, Mr. Schulz.
        - Robert C. Mayo