HW:HIGH TIDE:Interesting Times

Thu Apr 27 12:28:10 EDT 2000

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Filip Vanhuyse wrote:

> Found this yesterday in a record-shop:
> -HIGH TIDE:Interesting Times AKARMA  AK 091
>
> Seems like to be coming from Italy,rather new too,must say have heard
> better ones from High Tide (although I'm only listening for the first
> time now) Only 2 members: TONY HILL:lead/rhythm,12-string & bass
> guitars,vocals SIMON HOUSE:violin,mandolin,keyboards,bassguitar,drum
> programming,engineering & production

        Had heard of it: I believe it dates to 1989, though where I got
the information from I couldn't tell you; possibly Delerium's old
psychedelic archive. Hadn't realised it was just they two though. They had
another similar one out a few years later called _Reason of Success_,
from 1990, and Tony Hill has had two more since then, _A Fierce Nature_
and _Ancient Gates_, both of which are House-less. There are also two
out-takes albums from 70/71, _Precious Cargo_ and _Flood_ which do have
Simon on but are still of unknown quality as far as I'm concerned. Recent
years have been quietly good for High Tide fanatics. Yours,
                                                            Jon

ObTape: Nirvana - _Nevermind_
--
 |  Jon Jarrett (01223 741219)         jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk   |