OFF: upstate NY summer shows

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Thu Apr 27 22:49:38 EDT 2000

Theo wrote:
>> May 6
>> Gas Giants-- RIT, Rochester
>
>Heard good things on this list about 'em. You going, Brian?

I'd like to. I have to see how my schedule unfolds. I'm definately going to
see the Apples in Stereo in Buffalo on the 4th.

> > May 15
> > Tony Levin-- Milestones, Rochester
> >
>Who's with him? Love to go, but mid-week gigs are a bear for this
>old wheezer...

>From www.tonylevin.com:
>Tony Levin Waters of Eden tour
>featuring Jerry Marotta, Larry Fast and Jesse Gress

Who are these guys? I hope Larry Fast is a guitar player. ;-)

>> May 28 (this may have been a mistake- more probable on Aug. 28)
>> Gov't Mule-- NYS Fairgrounds, Syracuse
>>
>More than likely right, but GM does real well in Syr. I'll be at this one
>hell or high water!

Thanks Paul for straightening the date out. I don't know if I'll be there
or not Theo. I might catch them with the Steve Miller Band later on.

>> July 3-5
>> Musicstock 2000 (Sloterdijk)-- Cayuga County Fairgrounds, Weedsport
>> Theo: did you get your free tickets for this?
>
>Still procrastinating, but I'm def. going. Looks to be a killer show!

Is it getting promoted in Syracuse? I haven't seen or heard anything here,
but I haven't been looking hard either.

>> August 2
>> Allman Bros.-- P&C Stadium, Syracuse
>
>This is strange, as they're a fixture at the State Fair. But I'll be at
>this
>one. You going?

Well, I've never been to an Allmans show, believe it or not, so this looks
like a great opportunity!

Tomorrow I'm getting my tickets for Jethro Tull at Finger Lakes. I saw them
at the Landmark Theater last year and they put on the best show of the
three I've seen since 1994.

Apparently it's called the "One Leg to Stand On" Tour. Yikes! ;-)
Brian

-----
Brian Halligan
mailto:blackblade at bhalligan.com