HW:HIGH TIDE:Interesting Times

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Fri Apr 28 14:32:38 EDT 2000

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:28:10 +0100, Jon Jarrett
<jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
>There are also two
>out-takes albums from 70/71, _Precious Cargo_ and _Flood_ which do have
>Simon on but are still of unknown quality as far as I'm concerned.

I have 'Precious Cargo'.  The sound quality is a bit rough (but not bad),
but the songs/performances are FANTASTIC!  I easily rank it up there with
the two "official" albums.  I'd say it's essential for serious High
Tide/Simon House fans.

also, on Fri, 28 Apr 2000 08:04:04 -0500, Karen Kusic <kkusic at EXECPC.COM>
quoted Ade Shaw <adeshaw at woronzow.netkonect.co.uk>:
>Incidentally,
>if you've never heard High Tide check out either of their first 2
>albums, Sea Shanties and High Tide. They are both wonderful and two of
>both Nick and my favourite all-time albums.

One of the most flattering things I've ever heard was after Primordial
Undermind opened for Bevis Frond at the Insidious Spectacle fest in
Philadelphia last September, Nick said to Eric Arn (head Underminder)
something along the lines of, "you didn't tell me that you sound like
bloody High Tide these days!"  (and I'll be the first person to tell you
that I'm no Simon House!  only in my wildest dreams!)

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com