OFF: upstate NY summer shows

John H. McCartney scorch at TE-CATS.COM
Fri Apr 28 14:40:10 EDT 2000

> >>From www.tonylevin.com:
> >>Tony Levin Waters of Eden tour
> >>featuring Jerry Marotta, Larry Fast and Jesse Gress
>
> >Who are these guys? I hope Larry Fast is a guitar player. ;-)
>
> Larry Fast: solo artist and keyboardist of a band called Synergy
> Larry, Jerry and Tony are all veterans of Peter Gabriel solo tours.

Welllll... not *exactly*

Jerry Marotta and Larry Fast were in Gabriel's band for the first
4 albums and tours, plus the live album, and did some work on the 5th
album as well. (Extra Gabriel band fact: he stole his guitarist, David
Rhodes, from the band that opened for him on his 3rd tour, Random Hold.
Most excellent dark, bass driven, angst-laden stuff, soon to be released
on CD, by their bassist, Bill MacCormick, on Phil Manzanera's label.)

Larry Fast *is* Synergy, all by himself. Synergy is all electronic,
but more orchestral, less like Tangerine Dream, and predates his
involvment with Gabriel. Personal favorite of mine anyway. I got turned
onto him at the very early experimental Laserium shows in LA, where
the track 'Warriors' from the just-released 1st album was being used
as exit music. If you love the sound of a wall'o'Moogs, this is the
stuff for you!

scorch