Top of the Pops date confirmed

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Sat Apr 29 14:10:24 EDT 2000

I can now confirm that the BBC film made for the TV Top of the Pops show
was from Dunstable Queensway Hall on 7th July 1972. The source is a
report in Sounds reproduced in a Trev Hughes "Friends" magazine from
1978 which I've just obtained.

This was also Jill and my own prime suspect date for the recording of
"Brainstorm" and "Silver Machine" for the Brian Matthews "Top of the
Pops" radio show BBC Transcription disk as it fits in with the other
songs and interviews with Wings, Pretty Things, Beegees and Mary Wells.

So I guess that the live "Silver Machine" on that transcription disc is
indeed the one replaced by the TV show laying the UA single and showing
a melage of video clips from the gig.

FoFP

P.S: After looking for it for 23 years, I today finally laid my hands on
a copy of the Italian Hassan I Sabha/ Damnation Allay Part II 7" with
pic sleeve.  It's one of those red letter days in the life of your
average Kollector.

I'm still looking for the French Hassan I Sabha/Fable of a Failed Race 7"
and the Spanish Psi Power 7" pic sleeve. If anyone has either for sale or
trade, please get in touch.

FoFP