HW/OFF: Gong played in smalltown Bergen, Norway

Ketil Svendsen ketil.svendsen at FISKAREN.NHST.NO
Sun Apr 30 07:12:40 EDT 2000

ok, they sold tim blake cds at the tea(grin)-shirt stand. that'll do for
HW in the topic ;)
- man what a concert! i've never seen gong live before, so this was a
new experience to me..... they were tight as h**l, apart from some minor
glitches in a few of the breaks, yet free-form as an experimental jazz
ensemble (reminding me on the italian gianuigi travesi octet - check it
out!) - a truly great concert in a small, damp and hot-hot! concert
venue ( http://www.garage.no ). they played songs only from the radio
gnome "trilogy", and some from the last (fifth in the trilogy?) zero to
infinity album. the new songs worked well live (i liked them better
live) and stood up well against/amongst/inbetween the older, more
familiar (to me) material...... all in all: great! even my gf loved it
(she recognized and liked the songs i had "forced" her into hearing :)
- what a perfect day! at 3 pm the same day i attended sir George
Martin's 2 hour lecture on his life and the making of Sgt. Pepper -
truly interesting and what a great lecturer he was..!

ok, that's it for now......
anybody got the latest news on the hw reunion? i've been off for a
while.....

best regards,
ketil svendsen,
bergen,