HW and OTHER: HW news? PTree releases?

Tue Aug 1 13:39:11 EDT 2000

From: "Allan T. Grohe, Jr." Subject: HW and OTHER: HW news? PTree releases?
> What's the news on the Hawkwind front?
---------------------------
Been away meself fer a few days too - releases due in the fall from
Hawkwind, Bedouin, Tim Blake and Simon House, Weird Tapes CD reissues from
Hawkwind, but not a release date in sight.
Most recent thing to hit our shelves has been the live Nik Turner Sphinx CD
from 1978 Deeply Vale Festival.
Turner's reunion band gigging away and next one is at the Stourbridge
all-dayer in September with Bedouin and Bainbridge, a real Hawkfest in
itself!!! Meanwhile runours persist of the Brock-Lemmy reunion band/event
being only 3 months or so away, so that'll be exciting if and when it
happens.
=================
  Any possible gigs in the USA
----------------------------
=======================
> While browsing through a retailer I deal with in Pittsburgh, PA
> (Paul Olszewski, at http://members.aol.com/paulsstore/), I ran across
> some new PTree releases, including a new CD called Lightbulb Sun and
> some singles presumably from it (Stranger By the Minute, Pure Narcotic,
> and 4 Chords that Made a Million).  Any reactions to it yet from the
> list?
The 'Stranger' and 'Pure' singles are from 'Stupid Dream', the previous
album, while the singles from the new 'Lightbulb' album are '4 Chords That
Made A Million' and 'Shesmovedon'. All come in various CD and 7-inch
permutations and every format has different unrleased tracks exclusive to
that particular release so if you want the lot you'll have to hurry as some
are already deleted.
As to the album, well if you like the band you won't have any trouble with
the new album although it is a lot more mellow than 'Stupid Dream' which I
greatly prefer. Songs and playing and everything are the usual high standard
and they are getting more and more their own identity with every release.
> Later!
>Exactly!!!

Andy Garibaldi (the usual place)