HW: Agents of Chaos

Tue Aug 1 16:23:49 EDT 2000

Hmmmm.....if I remember rightly, the CD that came out called 'Agents Of
Chaos' consisted of two albums on one CD but without all the tracks intact,
so technically, the 'Agents' CD as an original in its own right still
doesn't exist.
In the dim and distant past in a conversation with Doug Smith, he mentioned
that one of the reasons he'd had the name of Hawkwind copyrighted was to
stop labels who'd put stuff out on vinyl from releasing things on CD without
paying the band any royalties. I've no idea who was and who wasn't but I do
know that quite a few were guilty parties. So, the copyright thing prevented
that, to a degree. All well and good. So, why oh why oh why are we still
waiting for the legit reissues of so much stuff if it's now under correct
financial controls? I daresay it'll be the usual 'London Bus' scenario - you
wait forever for one and then thirty come along at once!!!
Still doesn't explain the Demi-Monde stuff - that must have been some
contract,  for it all still to be endlessly being reissued. I'd love to know
what the band are receiving from these albums (in general not in detail, and
if at all)!!!!
Andy Garibaldi.