HW: OFF: SD'2K / Harvey

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Fri Aug 4 10:44:58 EDT 2000

Doug cries...

>AP with no guitars, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Well, actually Orlando does play guitar, in addition to synths and stuff.
But it's not the same guitar as you would expect from recent AP's.  He plays
very aggressively in one sense, but to make it fit in with the Martian
theme, he puts it through some sort of dampening field to make it sound
distant and therefore less prominent.  Anyway, you won't recognize any of
the music.  Thanks for keeping an open mind.  :)

>Mellow, ambient music will just kill the mosh pit this year! :-)

And how!  There's always Ozz-Fest.  :)

Well, I too, think it makes sense to put on a 'rock' show to close out
Saturday, but then what the hell are you gonna do if Star Nation decides
they didn't wanna do it after all?  If it were my festival, I would probably
have put ST 37 on last, but then of course, it's not my festival and I'd
rather not have to hear a bunch of people complaining about how I scheduled
things.

So to those people (I imagine no one here) who decide to lay about at their
campsites and veg all day, only to show up when it gets dark and they think
the show is *really* set to begin, I say 'Screw you, if you think it's too
ambient, where the hell were you all afternoon.'

I can see it coming.

Grakkl (FAA)