OFF: Trans-Lunar Express at SD'2K

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Mon Aug 7 23:34:26 EDT 2000

Work is HELL as I try to get ready to head off for SD2k, but I had to
answer this one ...

On Mon, 7 Aug 2000 09:00:15 -0400, K Henderson <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU> wrote:
>Finally got who exactly is Trans-Lunar Express, the unfamiliar name on the
>SD'2K schedule ...  Well, here is the lineup we
>should expect...looks excellent!

HELL YEAH!  Jim Jones has been in more FANTASTIC bands than ANYONE who has
EVER graced the Strange Daze stage.  Serious mind-blowers like Mirrors and
the Easter Monkeys, two of the best to ever come out of Cleveland.

>  Four out of the six Speaker-crankers.  And
>you'll note that Pufftube did a version of Quark, Strangeness, and Charm on
>Doug's HW tribute album.  (Doug, do you know what all Pufftube has released
>over the years?  I also have a single Pufftube track on a Cleveland
>compilation titled '3,128 seconds over Cleveland' or something.)

Way the hell to little!  There were two or three self-released cassettes (I
think) that *I* don't even have.  The amazing 'Emergency Peanut' double 7"
(with a great version of Bob Seeger's "Heavy Music" ... from back when he
was good), the "Boys of Summer" 7" (yes, the Don Henley song ... a
SERIOUSLY warped version), a track on the 'Gimme Some Santa' Scat Records
XMas 7" from way back, maybe another comp track or two.  Unfortunately,
Scott Pickering (the mad genius behind Puff Tube, who's also played in Gem,
Prisonshake, and a few other Cle'/Kent indierock bands) is a difficult cat
to nail down.  He moved years without leaving a forwarding address, so this
will actually be my opportunity to deliver him the copies of the 'Assassins
of Silence' CD that I owe him for playing on it!

And Neil from Fuzzhead is a great drummer ... this should be an especially
fine act ...

>Trans-Lunar Express
>Scott Pickering - Drums (plays in Speaker/Cranker and Pufftube)
>Keith Pickering - Guitar (plays in Speaker/Cranker and Pufftube)
>Lee Fioritto - Bass (regular bass player for Trans Lunar Express)
>Melanie Fioritto - Guitar, Toys, Drums (Trans Lunar Express and Chump)
>Jim Jones- Keyboards, Guitar (plays in Speaker/Cranker and occasionally in
>Pere Ubu)
>Dave Cintron - Keyboards, Tapes, Guitar (plays in Speaker/Cranker, also
>revamping lineup for his project; Downside Special)
>Neil Sherhag - Drums (also plays drums in Fuzzhead)

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com