BOC: HW: Moorcock BOC tracks

Fri Aug 11 12:58:56 EDT 2000

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Michael R Godwin wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, W. Jeffrey Rankin wrote:
> > "Veteran of The Psychic Wars" is from Fire of Unknown Origin. There's a
> > track on the Mirrors album called "The Great Sun Jester". And, then
> > there's "Black Blade", from the Cultosaurus Erectus album.
> >
> > I believe that's all of them, please correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> Agreed. Now can anyone remind me which Moorcock books the characters and
> ideas in these songs are drawn from? 'The Great Sun Jester' is obviously
> the Fireclown from 'Winds of Limbo'. I guess that 'Black Blade' is an
> Elric reference. Not sure about VotPW. Some Jerry Cornelius thing
> possibly?

        Is it actually tied to a book? I took it as a kind of Song of the
Eternal Champion. Like the spoken-word pieces on HW's _Warrior at the Edge
of Time_ - some of them are almost verbatim culls from _The Eternal
Champion_ (is that just the omnibus title? The one with Erekose in,
anyway), some of them seem more general. Is it not more a song from the
cycle than from any book in particular? My 2pworth, yours,
                                                           Jon

--
 |  Jon Jarrett (01223 741219)           jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk
 | "Zeron Gamma Two continuum entropy control parameters - AFFIRMATIVE!" |